BALLARD SHIPYARD OPPORTUNITIES
If you know working with your hands is your true calling then Snow and Company wants you to join our team! We offer jobs that are rewarding and we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional work.
Our team is excited to put their talent to use on some of the most well known fishing/crabbing vessels in the PNW and Alaska, as well as working on government projects with the Navy and Coast Guard. We look for inspired and motivated, self-starters that can take direction and work efficiently with minimum supervision. Our fast growing company is team oriented and requires individuals with a collaborative and innovated thought process. With quick turnaround and strict deadlines we need candidates who can work in a fast paced environment, while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude.
Snow & Company Perks
- Long term work on a Navy workboat contract steel tugboats
- Potential for travel and off-site work.
- Positive work environment
- Full coverage health insurance plan
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity to grow and explore cross trade opportunities
- Working in the exciting young community of the Ballard Shipyard, walking distance to great foods and fun attractions.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Good Energy
- Deadline driven
- Up for challenge and change
- Withstand the intensity of work, being outside your comfort zone.
- Pride yourself in customer satisfaction
- Ability to adapt
Skills & Requirements
- Highly detail oriented
- ABS certified
- WABO certified
- USCG certified
- Coast Guard work experience
- Major shipyard work experience
- Charter Statement
- Conscientiousness of safety rules
- USCG Certified 2G, 3G, 4G Aluminum/Steel are a plus.
Marine Mechanics and outside Machinists
Top Pay for lead marine mechanic
- Extremely motivated
- Engine installations
- Shaft alignments
- Hydraulic system installation
- Deck gear installation
- Electrical systems
- New boats
- General fishing vessel maintenance
- Vehicle maintenance
- Ability to assess project, procure materials, and execute repairs and projects quickly is absolutely necessary.
- Meet deadlines absolutely necessary, this may involve availability for long days and overtime.
- Work independently in unsupervised mechanical-solutions situations
- Capable of clear, effective communications with production manager, production team, vendors, clients and owner
- Ability to prioritize competing resource demands and determine best course of action to satisfy demands.
Boatyard Maintenance and Logistics
- Willing to develop job skills
- Valid drivers License and clean driving record
- Ability to Learn to drive forklift
- Attention to detail
- Physically fit to be able to work standing for a 12 hour periods
- Lift and carry 50 pounds or more
- Able to work quickly
- Conscientious of safety (safety equipment provided)
- Positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment
- Able to follow instructions
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent attendance
Woodworking Craftsman Wanted
- Hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity for fine detail craftsmanship.
- Good vision to include close vision & depth perception.
- Attention to detail.
- Physically fit to be able to work standing for an 10 hour period and lift and carry 50 pounds or more.
- Able to work quickly.
- Able to bend, reach and twist upper and lower body.
- Conscientious of safety (safety equipment provided).
- Tolerant of a dusty environment, wood preservers, solvents.
- Positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent attendance.
- Able to stay focused and alert while performing repetitive tasks.
- Welding is a plus.
Wages dependent upon experience and testing
Snow is an equal opportunity employer
Snow is a Drug Free workplace
Benefits include holiday pay, 100% company paid coverage for family health insurance, with options for dental & vision, life insurance.
Respond with resume and references to email@example.com