Seattle, WA 98107
We offer jobs that are rewarding and we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional work. Our team is excited to put their talents to use on some of the most well known fishing/crabbing vessels in the PNW and Alaska, as well as working on government projects with the Navy and Coast Guard. We look for inspired and motivated, self-starters that can take direction and work efficiently with minimum supervision.
Our fast growing company is team oriented and requires individuals with a collaborative and innovative thought process. With quick turnaround and strict deadlines we need candidates who can work in a fast paced environment, while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude.
Marine Mechanic Requirements:
*Top Pay for Lead Marine Mechanic*
- Extremely motivated
- Engine installations
- Shaft alignments
- Hydraulic system installation
- Deck gear installation
- Electrical systems
- New boats
- General fishing vessel maintenance
- Vehicle maintenance
- Ability to assess project, procure materials, and execute repairs and projects quickly is absolutely necessary.
- Meet deadlines absolutely necessary, this may involve availability for long days and overtime.
- Work independently in unsupervised mechanical-solutions situations
- Capable of clear, effective communications with production manager, production team, vendors, clients and owner
- Ability to prioritize competing resource demands and determine best course of action to satisfy demands.
Snow & Company Perks
- Steady long term contract work (6 years) on U.S. Navy workboats (steel tugboats)
- Potential for travel and off-site work
- Positive work environment
- Full coverage health and vision insurance plans – with options for dental and additional life insurance
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity to grow and explore cross trade opportunities
- Working in the exciting young community of the Ballard Shipyard, walking distance to great food and fun attractions.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Good Energy
- Deadline driven
- Up for challenge and change
- Withstand the intensity of work, being outside your comfort zone.
- Pride yourself in customer satisfaction
- Ability to adapt
Snow is an equal opportunity employer.
Snow is a Drug Free workplace